Health & Safety/Medical PD
- What are the procedures when a student becomes ill or injured at school?
- What are the guidelines for keeping a sick student home from school?
- What is the school’s policy regarding administration of medication to students during school hours?
- What is the school’s policy regarding childhood immunisations?
- What procedures exist for regular medical checks?
- What kinds of communication systems are in place with parents?
- Are the school’s resources satisfactory?
- What type of medical insurance does a school have?
- How well does a school utilise its medical staff for inclusion in the overall life of the school community?
- How does a school ensure compliance to it’s medical policies with parents and students?
- What is the school’s policy for allowing medicines to be brought to school by a student?
All of the above are examples of questions which need to be carefully considered and addressed by a school in addition to compliance for any additional statutory requirements. Constructing comprehensive policies which are carefully monitored and implemented in this area is of critical importance. Having a well trained, experienced and competent medial staff is a great asset for any school to have.
Why not contact us today for full details of our comprehensive training course.