Staff Appraisal PD
Staff appraisal (also known as performance management) is a shared commitment to high performance. An important way in which schools seek to improve is by developing the effectiveness their staff, both as individuals and as teams. Everyone wants to recognise and acknowledge good teaching practice and celebrate their achievements. Standards rise dramatically when schools and individual teachers are clear about what they expect students to achieve and are skilled to implement them effectively.
- Where does appraisal start and where does it conclude?
- Who are our appraisers and who appraises the appraisers?
- In what way could we describe appraisal as being continuous?
- What is peer mentoring?
- What is the difference between performance related appraisal and one which is purely a staff professional development model?
- Is it feasible to successfully combine the two or are they in practice mutually exclusive? What about middle and senior management or the Trustees?
- Should parents and students be involved in the staff appraisal process?
- What does an effective staff appraisal model look like which is effective yet still user-friendly?
These are some of the questions schools ask when they seek to establish, develop or review policy and implementation in this very sensitive area. Their response to this can have enormous implications for the well-being of a school.
Why not contact us today for full details of our comprehensive training course.