Step 1 – Your Vision, Mission and Creating a Foundation Committee
‘GEL is a highly professional and experienced education consulting firm committed to providing you with success by providing sound, resolute and practical solutions. With our collective experience of specialised professionals and supporting services in all areas of education, you can rest assured that you will be partnering with a premier organisation offering you a high quality service with good value for money.’
At GEL the success of children is at the centre of our vision. They are our future and we strive to work with all of those involved in the education of our young people to ensure they have access to the best international education has to offer. Every child will have every opportunity to fulfil their individual potential and experience a diverse educational experience in an international environment, where their achievement is nurtured and they learn the values of independence, excellence and respect.
In Step 1 we will help you to:
- Clearly distinguish between a mission and a vision statement
- Understand that your mission and vision cannot be created in isolation without understanding your key stakeholders
- Decide on the vision for your school and your mission for the students who will live and breathe your ethos
- Understand what your local market needs and will be able to support
- Understand what parents want for their children and plan carefully for how it will be achieved Build an environment which nurtures high expectations for each student, where each person will be encouraged and motivated to become the best they can
- Finalise your mission and vision bearing in mind they are the guiding principles upon which the school will establish it’s foundation.
In Step 1 we will also help you create your Foundation Committee.
To do this successfully we will help you to:
Think first about the people you will need to make your school a success find like-minded people who will be committed, dedicated and conscientious cover all key areas of experience
We believe in collaboration, adaptation, flexibility and your Foundation Committee will be guided using the following 6 questions:
- Are decisions being taken primarily in the students’ best interests?
- Are excellent leadership and educational provision fundamental elements of strategic planning? Are all decisions made using informed comprehensive and rational discussion?
- Will students be secure that school staff demonstrate genuine care and concern for them?
- Are there high expectations in place for the students and is the school ensuring they meet those expectations?
- How will parents be encouraged to participate in their child’s education?