Step 10 – The Grand Opening
‘GEL is a highly professional and experienced education consulting firm committed to providing you with success by providing sound, resolute and practical solutions. With our collective experience of specialised professionals and supporting services in all areas of education, you can rest assured that you will be partnering with a premier organisation offering you a high quality service with good value for money.’
The hard work is behind you and the future of your school is soon to begin. The day you open your doors cannot be repeated and has to be planned to the last detail. So how do you make it successful and memorable? GEL will show you how. For example:
- Have a fun day to involve all of the children, parents and staff Talk to all of the parents together
- Take children on mini tours Give curriculum information
- Have your senior managers introduce themselves and talk about how your school is the way of the future
- Have local dignitaries there to cut the ribbon with an over-sized pair of scissors Use a catering company to take care of the refreshments
- Have some staff cooking hotdogs on a BBQ, have face-painting, guess the name of the school mascot and bouncy castles.
- Ensure that the media are present to cover the event
- Ensure photographic coverage is comprehensive for inclusion in web site, School Year Book, etc
- Ensure that all the Governing Body are present to support the event
- At the same time, start your school traditions and give the sense that this school has a bright and long future ahead of it!
- Make sure that speeches are short and try to make them entertaining and have representation from the school and wider community.
There are many things which GEL can help you with making the Grand Opening a memorable occasion to celebrate and savour, to continue as you have started, strong, unified and positive.