Step 3 – Strategic Planning and Budget Development
GEL is a highly professional and experienced education consulting firm committed to success offering sound, rigorous, expert and practical solutions. Our collective team of specialised professionals and supporting services in all areas of education will provide you with a premier service from a premier organisation.
Strategic planning is one of the most important tasks you will carry out. Many schools have failed due to the lack of vision and transferring this vision into a strategic document which forms the basis of all future decisions.
The Strategic Plan is the foundation document for the development of the business, financial and marketing plans.
We will work with you to ensure your projections and ideas are achievable, quantifiable and affordable and help you work towards keeping within your budget while still having the resources you need to be successful.
Developing a strategic plan is a difficult challenge, but when successfully implemented, it marks an effective school providing it with a road map that guides and confirms school reform and lasting improvements.
GEL’s strategic planning services begins with establishing strong relationships with the leadership of the school. Successful reform and strategic plans begin and end with ensuring full collaboration from all stakeholders. From this is defined the unique situational needs of the school which can be addressed incrementally.
GEL draws upon its wealth of expertise and experience with strategic planning research and best- practice to drive improvements that are customised to the individual needs of each school. GEL ensures that each strategic plan:
- is fully supported at all levels is flexible and user friendly is collaborative
- has clearly defined action plans is carefully monitored
- is designed to keep the Governing Body fully and regularly appraised ensures accountability for results and performance indicators encourages appropriate participation from parent and wider community is student-focused
- maintains regular analysis regarding effectiveness of implementation has an assessment rubric for each component to inform planning.
Your budget will also be based on a five year projection and will be designed to:
- Meet the goals laid out in your Strategic Plan
- Ensure you have someone experienced in long-term financial project development to assist
- Include contingency amounts to be built in to that plan.